CNCC First Aid for Cavers
Austwick Village Hall 9am - 6pm
The training will cover a basic first aid syllabus:
- Assessment of scene: SAFE approach;
- ABC: Airway Breathing, Circulation;
- Recovery position;
- CPR - as, and if appropriate, Depending on location;
- Damage assessment;
- Environmental considerations e.g. Hypothermia;
- Getting help and moving a casualty.
There will also be information about:
- managing injuries that may occur while caving/ digging/ doing conservation work;
- what to do if a prolonged rescue is likely;
- how to assemble a first aid kit that is suitable for caving.
The training will cover appropriate actions for incidents both on the surface and underground.
Certificates are included in the cost of the course.
To book a place on this event: sign up on the CNCC website and post a cheque for £15 (payable to Council of Northern Caving Clubs) to Marion Holloway, 118 Silk Mill Drive, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 6PX. This cheque must be received within two weeks of your sign up date (after this is received you will receive an email confirming your place on the training day). Registered CNCC volunteers who wish to participate will have their deposit returned after attending the training day. Fees will not be refunded in the case of cancellation.
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Other CNCC Events
March 24th - May 19th
January 19th 2019
March 9th 2019