Wanted - Suppliers of CNCC Training
22 November 2021
Vacancy for Approved Suppliers of CNCC Training
CNCC have been running SRT training workshops for a few months now, and they have proved extremely popular. We have been developing a format and content to each of the workshops and we are now in a position to add a couple of extra trainers to help deliver these (making four in total). This may mean approximately 4-6 workshops a year per trainer, with a workshop ratio between 1:4 and 1:8.
PLEASE NOTE: This will be based on a purely freelance basis with no guarantee of any work.
Initially expressions of interest are invited. If you feel you fit the requirements below and are keen to work with us to help deliver training for northern cavers, please get in touch via the details below.
Role and responsibilities:
- Set up and prepare the training facility (currently, Yorkshire Dales Guides Barn).
- Depending on the workshop this could require an early start or the night before (average hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm). Some workshops may be cave based.
- Provide your own suitable consent forms that are clear that you as the trainer are responsible and insured for the group (CNCC to have no liability or insurance for this).
- Deliver a high quality workshop observing all relevant safety precautions and generally following the agreed format and techniques to ensure workshops are consistent irrespective of who delivers them.
- Provide your own ropes and hardware as required to deliver relevant workshop. The CNCC have a supply of SRT kits and some ropes that can be used.
- Clear away barn and leave tidy after the workshop.
- Hold suitable professional indemnity insurance.
- High personal standards in presentation and communication.
- EITHER: Hold a current CIC qualification OR have equivalent experience and skills (log book of relevant experience and a technical assessment by the Training Officer) including a valid first aid qualification or Cas care (these are the requirements of the training venue).
- Engage with the current trainers to gain awareness and knowledge of the various workshops.
- Commit to dates approximately three months in advance.
- Have a calm personality and enjoy delivering SRT training to a consistent and high standard.
- We aim to run all advertised workshops, but a degree of flexibility on bookings would be desirable.
- CNCC trainers will not be expected to market directly to participants. A service level agreement would be required between the CNCC and the trainer.
A flat trainer fee of £145.00 per day is payable (no further expenses).
Closing Date: 30th January 2022
More recent news...
Great Douk repairs
Three Counties - Lune Valley initiative
Grassington Mines update
Open Access at Birks Fell Cave
AGM 2022 Outcomes
CNCC AGM 2022
Loose boulder removed at Bull Pot of the Witches
Fallen tree at Gaping Gill
CNCC equipment list