Northern CHECC Training Weekend
8 February 2017
The Council of Higher Education Caving Clubs will be holding a training event on the weekend of 24-26th March 2017 at Bull Pot Farm and a variety of training is on offer. These are:
- The Cave Rescue Organisation, based in Clapham, will kindly be running a workshop for Northern CHECC on the Saturday.
- This will include a morning session covering a variety of rescue topics and familiarisation with their equipment and techniques.
- It will also include an afternoon session covering more in depth topics such as casualty care, rigging and self-rescue.
- The workshop will be held at their base in Clapham, around 30 mins from Bull Pot Farm and will be starting at 10am sharp, finishing at around 1pm.
- The afternoon session will run from 2pm until 4pm.
- There are 20 spaces available on the morning session and 10 spaces available on the afternoon session. Please specify whether you want space on one or both.
- This is kindly being run by Brendan Hall and will entail a surface theory session in the morning at the hut, going over the equipment and techniques, before heading underground in the afternoon.
- You are encouraged to bring your own equipment for use. The underground location is still TBC but will likely be in Easegill.
- The workshop theory session will start at 10am on the Saturday at Bull Pot Farm.
- There are 4 spaces available for the underground session but morning theory session can be attended by many more.
- If anyone feels that they would be able to assist with teaching the underground session then we can open up more spaces, PLEASE get in touch ASAP if you can help. Thanks!
- Survey god Andrew Atkinson will be delivering another of his extremely valuable survey workshops at Northern CHECC.
- This will start at 10am in the dining room at Bull Pot Farm.
- The session will include the basics of cave surveying including equipment and the meaning of common phrases all the way through to practices before looking at the end results of your surveys visually on computer software.
- There are spaces for at least 10 people on this workshop. Equipment can be shared and the workshop can be done in groups.
- You are encouraged to bring your own survey kit or borrow from your club. CHECC will have limited survey equipment to lend out for the workshop.
To sign up, get in touch: email@example.com. Don't wait for someone else to sign you up, if you want to train, give us a shout!
Once the spaces on the workshops are gone you will be added to a reserve list.
More recent news...
Starting Handle Hole
New Rigging Topos
More anchor replacements
CNCC Training 2021
Great Douk Collapse
Wretched Rabbit Closed
Rockfall at Wretched Rabbit
AGM 2021 Outcomes
Rockfall in Notts Pot
Booking system revamp