Skills for SRT cave 'Leaders'
This workshop has already ended. Keep checking back as we add more regularly.
11 Feb 2024
A one day underground workshop aimed at cavers who would like to learn relevant skills for organising and guiding groups of cavers on simple SRT trips. (On a non commercial and professional basis.) Thus allowing for attendees to gain confidence, skills and knowledge in order to oversee a group.
Cavers who would like to be involved in running club trips, trips with friends etc and have some caving and SRT experience.
You need to have SRT skills and be confident in your ability underground.
Format: A one day workshop based underground
Trainer: Sam Litten
- Useful information to obtain from your caving group
- Weather checks and flooding
- Call out procedures
- Equipment choice
- Packing kit to lead a group including in an emergency
- Choosing a cave route—surveys and descriptions
- Cave access
Underground Technical skills
- General caving movement
- Rigging traverses lines and pitch heads for groups
- Managing simple traverse lines and pitch head
- Overall group management
- Introducing and overseeing SRT skills + top tips
- Simple tips for assisting tired cavers on SRT
Candidate pre requisite: Caving and SRT experience
Please Note: On completion of a successful booking you will receive a confirmation email from PayPal. (This email from Paypal is your confirmation that you are booked on the workshop and all relevant details are on the links below)
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds or transfer of workshops. However if you are unable to attend you are welcome to pass your place onto someone else.
Meeting instructions: Meet 9.30am at Ingleton Community centre carpark next to the toilets .
To bring: Full caving Kit including SRT kit. Food and drink. Transport required